this week, i got a taste of what it feels like to want to protect my family. my husband has been having a time and a half with his assitant principal. she is in his room about 3 times a week (or more sometimes), can never find a thing that he does right, and has even stooped to the level of hiding outside his window (yes outdoors) to spy on him. my husband is not a patient man. i think he has a milli-iota of patience in him, and that goes away very quickly. needless to say this stalking, harrassing that has been going on has made him a very not-so-pleasant hubster to be around. it's not his fault because he has just felt so overwhelmed, but it can only go on for so long without starting to negatively affect the home front. after being put down again on monday, and a meeting was demanded for the next day, good old wifey stepped up, called the acting principal, and asked her to please help. to please help a man i don't want to see in the hospital due to having a heart attack. to please help the father of an adorable two year old who needs to have her good, awesome daddy around to play with her, love her, and snuggle her. i didn't know where else to turn to in the physical presence. i prayed. a.lot. i was seriously worried.... very worried about what the possible outcome could be. but, God answered my prayers, and He took care of the situation. thankfully the asst. principal heard directly from my husband's mouth that he, and his colleagues, felt that she was harrassing him, and she has seen that she needs to seriously back off. my boy is back to his cute self, and hasn't been grumpy, jittery, twitchy, or just irritable since tuesday.... yay! it seems kind of funny that i was the one who did the sticking-up for him because he's 6'6" and i'm a whole whopping 5'2", but it worked :o) even us little guys can take care of business... ha!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
This sooooo totally needed to be rehashed... I've sorta lost my way, and it's only 4 months in!! Better get back at it!!
It's here... a fresh start, a new beginning, time to try and undo all of things I did last year that I shouldn't have. I have a huge list of not-so-much "resolutions", but more like goals, that I am bound and determined to accomplish this year. I look at this year with much excitement, anticipation, and determination! Here are my 2009 resolutions ~
*Lose this weight, dangit ~ the healthy way!
* Exercise at least 4 days a week
* Walk at least 1 mile a day, and incorporate weight training
* Be able to jog/run in the next few months, and increase it to do a few miles a day
* Drink at least 100 ozs. of water a day
* Eat at least 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies a day
* Lower sugar and sodium intake
* Eat more veggies (the only ones I eat now are cooked corn, green beans, and raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and cucumbers)
* Be a better mother
* Be a better wife
* Wash my face twice a day
* Read more to my girl every day
* Play more with my girl every day
* with blocks, Play-doh, baby dolls, singing
* Do crafts with my girl
* Spend less time on the Internet... this is gonna be hard!
* Be more active around the house, and watch less TV
* Keep house clean and neat (we've done an amazing job cleaning so far this week!)
* Vacuum and dust the house every Saturday
* Keep the kitchen floor and counters clean
* Get every single room in neat and tidy order (our computer room looks like a tornado hit it)
* Get the bathroom redone so the princess can bathe in the bathtub instead of the kitchen sink
* Get all of the dead bushes (the guy that lived here before us killed them, not us) out of the flower beds, and redo the flower beds
* Keep my house feeling cozy and comfy, not messy
* Get a new fridge
* Get a kitchen table and chairs (we don't have one!)
* Have a better relationship with God
* Emulate Him more
* Concentrate on Him more
* Read through the Bible
* Do devotions every single day
* Pray more
* Pray more with our munchkin
* Read Bible stories to her
* Encourage my husband to have a better relationship with God
* Read Sacred Marriage, Sacred Parenting, and The Beautiful Fight by Gary L. Thomas
* Make it to church more often... we use the toddler as a cop-out sometimes because during church is her naptime ~ hate to admit it, but it's true!
* Keep track of both accounts (we're heinous at doing that)
* Stop overdrawing (because we're stupid and don't keep track)
* Get medical bills and orthodontist paid off
* Stop spending foolishly
* Go out to eat ONCE a month (not ten times)
* Start a savings account (shoulda done that LONG ago)
* Start tithing again (missionaries, a Christian food service at my parents church, and just at our church)
And there you have it, all of my goals for 2009! Hopefully at the beginning of 2010 (which will be here wayyyy faster than we think), you will read a post about how wonderfully I did on all of these resolutions! :o) With God as my source of strength, I know I can do this. I am praying many times throughout the day that He will keep me strong. By leaning on Him, all things are possible!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! <3 ~*~Bre~*~ at 3:46 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2009
in the last couple of days, i have realized that there needs to be some major changes that take place within our little family. changes that need to happen soon..... and if they don't it could be detrimental to our well-being... physically, emotionally, and psychologically. i covet your prayers. please, take time to pray for my family, and that God moves us in the right direction. in the direction He is leading us to go. please pray that we will whole heartedly follow Him and all that He is asking us to do.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! <3 ~*~Bre~*~ at 5:45 PM
Thursday, April 16, 2009
~ i love it when sleeping for an extra 15 minutes feels like an extra hour... so refreshing!
~ my little artist painted for the first time this weekend, and she LOVED it... so so so cute <3
~ we had two first Easter egg hunts this weekend, and it was a blast
~ getting stuck behind slow drivers when we've been on the road for what seems like forever really drives me batty
~ i seriously, insanely love.... i mean love.. my bed
~ it's always fun when your kiddo goes to the doctor for a "routine checkup" after turning a certain age, and the diagnosis comes out that she has strep... ugh!
~ i can't wait for summer... cannot wait!... not for the weather, but for doing fun stuff with my girl
~ our girl is going to her new preschool this fall YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
~ at her new preschool, she will learn to cut, write her name, do crafts, crafts, crafts, and go on field trips... no sitting in front of a t.v. all.day.long. anymore... whew!
~ i really love my husband, but his stubborn-ness really gets to me sometimes
~ i could have spring break three times a year.... that would be a wonderful concept!
~ the vibrant purples, pinks, yellows, and greens make me happy
~ my hubster and i are going to see lord of the dance in a week and a day... cannot wait!
~ i am going to have the pleasure of
suffering through watching the new hannah montanta movie twice this weekend... what fun!
~ grandparents spoil grandchildren wayyyyy too much.... but that's not such a bad thing
~ our girl is finally not "off the charts" any longer.... 88% for height and 65% for weight... she used to be wayyyy off the charts as far as height goes.... mommy is NOT complaining :o)
~ the pediatrician also confirmed to my husband today that for our 2 year old to know the characters, theme songs, and songs throughout 90% of the shows on Noggin is pretty much NOT a good thing... she said it's time to move on to a new place for kiddo... a place she may actually learn something!!
~ that is enough random-ness for now :o)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! <3 ~*~Bre~*~ at 12:20 PM
Friday, April 10, 2009
10 full days of
* partially sleeping in
* no lesson plans
* no smart mouths
* no tattle tales
* no whining
* no hatefulness
* no student induced headaches
* no stress
* no coworkers
* no basically everything
ahhhhh..... relief... albeit short, but wonderful!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! <3 ~*~Bre~*~ at 7:48 PM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
one more day until we have a full week off for spring break. i am so totally not in desperate need of this break. not.one.bit. nope. my kids aren't driving me insane. nope. i'm not ready to pull my hair out, either. nope. if one of them comes up and tattles on another classmate, i won't flip out and totally lose my cool. nope. as you can tell, i am so not in need of a long, luxurious, wonderful week off. nope. i think i should just start teaching every single day of the year. no breaks at all. every.single.day. yup... haha NOT! nope. :o)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! <3 ~*~Bre~*~ at 9:43 PM
Monday, April 6, 2009
Just thought this had to be documented because it is utterly hilarious (in my opinion).... a conversation between myself and one of my students when asking her to take a form to one of my coworkers~
Me: Will you please take this note and envelope down to Ms. A's (not real name obvi) office for me, please?
Me: You know who Ms. A is, don't you?
E: Yup, she's the lady that has the room attached to the library, and she is also the chick with the six toes
Me (flabbergasted, trying to remain a composed, professional adult): Ummmmm *snicker* yes, that is *snicker* who you should take it to *snicker*
E: (sensing I was about ready to laugh) Well, you know she does have six toes... I've counted before. One sticks way up in the air because there isn't enough room for it on her foot.... I've really never seen a six toed person before. Have you?
Me: *about ready to die* Seriously, please just go take that to her....
as she leaves, I totally bust up and all of my kids go insane
Then, I have a meeting with Ms. A this afternoon, and while she is talking, what am I doing? Nope, definitely not counting to see if she really has six toes!!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! <3 ~*~Bre~*~ at 5:39 PM